Jee Mains Syllabus 2020
JEE Main Syllabus 2020 is released by National Testing Agency (NATA) in its official site including the sample questions and syllabus for the newly added planning section in Paper 2 of JEE Main.
For this year, the authority is conducting JEE Main 2020 for three papers –
- Paper-1 (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
- Paper-2 (Mathematics, Aptitude, Drawing)
- Paper-3 (Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Planning Based Questions).
Thus now, JEE main 2020 will be held twice a year.
The 1st session of JEE Main 2020 was held from January 6 to 11, 2020, and the 2nd session will be conducted in the last week of May. Candidates appearing for the exam are advised to go through the syllabus thoroughly.
Therefore, here is the syllabus for aspirants of Jee Main 2020. Go thoroughly to it.
JEE Main Syllabus 2020 for Paper-1 “BE/BTech”
The subject wise syllabus for Paper 1 for the three subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is given below.
JEE Main 2020 Mathematics Syllabus:
- The Mathematics section for JEE Main 2020 will be of 100 marks.
- 25 questions of 4 marks each and -1 for each incorrect answer.
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Permutations Combinations
- Mathematical Induction
- Sequence Series
- Binomial Theorem
- Limits and Continuity
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Vector Algebra
- Coordinate Geometry
- Mathematical Reasoning
- 3D Geometry
JEE Main 2020 Physics Syllabus
- Physics playing a major role in this exam contributes to 100 marks.
- 25 questions carrying 4 marks each and with -1 as negative marking for each wrong answer.
- The JEE Main Physics syllabus includes two sections A and B.
- Section A includes Theory part with 80% weightage.
- Section B contains a practical component (experimental skills) with 20% weightage.
- Physics and Measurement
- Rotational Motion
- Work and Energy
- Electronic Devices
- Laws of Motion
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating Currents
- Magnetic Effects of Current
- Communication Systems
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Dual Nature of Matter
JEE Main 2020 Chemistry Syllabus
- The chemistry section of JEE Main comprises numerical as well as theoretical questions.
- The entire chemistry syllabus in JEE Main is spread over three sections.
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Basic concepts in Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Chemical bonding
- Atomic Structure
- Redox Reactions
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Principles of Practical Chemistry
- Organic Compounds – Characterisation and Purification
- Oxygen, Halogens, and Nitrogen Organic Compounds
- Basics of Organic Chemistry
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Classification of Elements
- Alkali metals
- Group 13 to Group 18 Elements
- Alkaline earth metals
- D and f block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
- Isolation of metals
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus Paper 2
(Aptitude Test B. Arch/ B.Planning)
The detailed syllabus of Jee Main Paper-2 is provided below for the aspirants of Jee main 2020.
The syllabus is categorised in three parts 1, 2 & 3 as mentioned below.
- Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials.
- Objects, Texture related to Architecture and build—environment.
- Visualising three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings.
- Visualising different sides of three-dimensional objects.
- Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal).
- Three dimensional – perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, colour texture, harmony and contrast.
- Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil.
- Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3 D views of objects.
- Creating two dimensional and three-dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape (public space, market, festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces, ect.), landscape (river fronts, jungles, trees, plants, etc.) and rural life.
Part III (Planning)
- General Awareness regarding development issues, government programs/schemes etc., Comprehension, critical thinking and analytical skills, graphs, charts and map reading skills, simple statistics, CBSE class X Social Sciences topics
Final Call: All the Best for your JEE Mains 2020 exam